List the top colleges first.
For FAFSA families, the proposed protocol for adding colleges on the 2010-11 FAFSA is this:
“There are two ways that you can have your FAFSA sent to more than four schools. If you have a PIN, wait until your FAFSA has been processed and then go to www.fafsa.ed.gov. You can use the special link for adding schools that allows you to search for and select additional school codes. These schools will be added to your electronic FAFSA and will have access to your information. If you do not have a PIN, call 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243). You will need to know the four-digit Data Release Number (DRN) from your Student Aid Report (SAR), which is located at the top right corner of your paper or electronic SAR. The DRN, along with your name and Social Security number, verifies your identity which allows you to ask the customer service representative to add additional schools to your FAFSA.”
- FAFSA Home
- Demystifying the FAFSA
- Exit Counseling
- Filling It Out
- Financial Stability
- How the FAFSA Challenged Us to Find Alternative Funding
- Independent or Dependent Student Status?
- Making Corrections
- Reality Check
- Revising: A Primer for Parents
- That Wasn't So Bad After All
- The Calculations Behind the Application
- To-Do Lists, Anxiety, and Preparing for College
- What Happens Next?
- Why Submit the FAFSA
- Your Gateway to Financial Aid