Top Student Loan Refinance LendersSimpleTuition is pleased to present details on the leading
student loan refinance products. Please visit the lender sites to learn more and apply.
Fixed Rate APR
Variable Rate APR
4.74% and up
2.5% and up
Years (your choice)
3.25% and up
2.22% and up
2.5% and up
2.13% - 7.92%
2.22% and up
About Our Top Student Refinance Lenders
- Competitive fixed and variable rates
- Apply in 3 minutes or less
- Flexible term choice – Choose how long you take to pay back
- No application or origination fees
- Refinance amounts as low as $5,000 (federal & private)
- Citizens One is the National Lending Division for Citizens Bank, N.A., a bank with a nearly 200 year history servicing customers and communities
- 0.50 percentage point interest rate reduction discounts available1,2
- No application, origination or disbursement fees
- Competitive fixed and variable interest rates
- Higher chance of approval with our network of not-for-profit lenders
- 2 minute rate check with no impact on your credit score
- No handoffs -- you'll be with our fully trained customer care team from your application to your final payment
- Available for private, federal, undergraduate and graduate school student loans
- Never any application or origination fees, or prepayment penalties
* The 0.25% auto-pay interest rate reduction applies as long as the borrower or cosigner, if applicable, enrolls in auto-pay and authorizes our loan servicer to automatically deduct your monthly payments from a valid bank account. The rate reduction applies for as long as the monthly payment amount is successfully deducted from the designated bank account and is suspended during periods of forbearance and certain deferments. Variable rates may increase after consummation.
Citizens One Student Loans Disclosures
+ Variable rate, based on the one-month London Interbank Offered Rate ("LIBOR") published in The Wall Street Journal on the twenty-fifth day, or the next business day, of the preceding calendar month. As of September 1, 2016, the one-month LIBOR rate is 0.52%. Variable interest rates range from 2.13% - 7.92% (2.13% - 7.92% APR) and will fluctuate over the term of the borrower's loan with changes in the LIBOR rate, and will vary based on applicable terms, level of degree earned and presence of a co-signer. For borrowers with a verified graduate degree, fixed interest rates range from 3.74% - 7.99% (3.74% - 7.99% APR). For borrowers with a bachelor's degree or below, fixed interest rates range from 4.74% - 7.99% (4.74% - 7.99% APR) based on applicable terms, level of degree earned and presence of a co-signer. Lowest rates shown are for eligible applicants, require a 5-year repayment term, and include our Loyalty1 and Automatic Payment2 discounts of 0.25 percentage points each, as outlined in the Loyalty1 and Automatic Payment discount2 disclosures. The maximum variable rate on the Education Refinance Loan is the greater of 21.00% or Prime Rate plus 9.00%. Subject to additional terms and conditions, and rates are subject to change at any time without notice. Such changes will only apply to applications taken after the effective date of change. Please note: Due to federal regulations, Citizens One Student Loans is required to provide every potential borrower with disclosure information before they apply for a private student loan. The borrower will be presented with an Application Disclosure and an Approval Disclosure within the application process before they accept the terms and conditions of their loan. Eligible applicants may not be currently enrolled, must be in repayment of their existing student loan(s) and must make the minimum number of principal and interest payments after leaving school. Primary borrowers must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or resident alien with a valid U.S. Social Security Number residing in the United States. Resident aliens must apply with a co-signer who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. The co-signer (if applicable) must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident with a valid U.S. Social Security Number residing in the United States. For applicants who have not attained the age of majority in their state of residence, a co-signer will be required. Citizens One Student Loans reserves the right to modify or discontinue these benefits at any time. Any changes to these benefits will not affect loans issued prior to the change date. Education Refinance Loans are subject to credit qualification, completion of a loan application/consumer credit agreement, verification of application information, certification of borrower?s student loan amount(s) and highest degree earned. Citizens One and Citizens One Student Loans are brand names of Citizens Bank, N.A.
1 LOYALTY DISCOUNT: The borrower will be eligible for a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction on their loan if the borrower or their co-signer (if applicable) has a qualifying account in existence with us at the time the borrower and their co-signer (if applicable) have submitted a completed application authorizing us to review their credit request for the loan. The following are qualifying accounts: any checking account, savings account, money market account, certificate of deposit, automobile loan, home equity loan, home equity line of credit, mortgage, credit card account, or other student loans owned by Citizens Bank, N.A. Please note, our checking and savings account options are only available in the following states: CT, DE, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI and VT. This discount will be reflected in the interest rate disclosed in the Loan Approval Disclosure that will be provided to the borrower once the loan is approved. Limit of one Loyalty Discount per loan and discount will not be applied to prior loans. The Loyalty Discount will remain in effect for the life of the loan.
2 AUTOMATIC PAYMENT BENEFIT: Borrowers will be eligible to receive a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction on their student loans owned by Citizens Bank , N.A. during such time as payments are required to be made and our loan servicer is authorized to automatically deduct payments each month from any bank account the borrower designates. Benefit is not available when payments are not due, such as during forbearance. If our loan servicer is unable to successfully withdraw the automatic deductions from the designated account two or more times within any 12-month period, the borrower will no longer be eligible for this benefit.