6) Financial Aid Awards
Is your college treating you right? Or are you leaving money on the table?
Tips and Advice
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is financial need an admissions factor?
- As a family of immigrants, what if I do not have the proper documentation for eligibility for federal financial aid?
- Colleges don’t know how expensive it is to live here. If I claim high costs of living created by where I live, will the college take that into consideration?
- If I get a private scholarship, will it affect my financial aid?
- Are there financial aid implications if I stay on the admissions “wait list”?
Parents of college students discussed the differences in financial aid packages their children received from college to college, and financial aid expert Don Betterton helped explain the apparent discrepancies.
In this video, financial aid expert Don Betterton talks to parents about how to negotiate a better financial aid offer, starting with establishing a relationship with your aid advisor.