Scholarships in Hawaii
About College Scholarships
In recent years, rising tuition, combined with an increase in the cost of living, has made it hard for many Americans to afford a higher education. In order to address this situation, a number of financing options such as student loans, grants, scholarships and work-study opportunities have been made available by the government, various educational institutions and private organizations. Scholarships are preferred over other types of aid because students do not have to repay them, meaning they can graduate debt-free.
Scholarships in Hawaii
If you are a resident of Hawaii, or if you are planning to enroll at a college there, you may be eligible for Hawaii Scholarships. These scholarships are a great way to cover education-related expenses such as tuition, fees, costs of books, other study materials and living expenses. Most scholarships are awarded based on an applicant’s academic performance, athletic or artistic ability, or other special talents and skills. Some scholarships are awarded based on financial need, while others are made available to students enrolled in a particular degree or field of study.
- Need-Based Scholarship Program. This scholarship is available for students enrolled at an accredited medical school.
- Hawaii Community Foundation Scholarships. This award is given to residents of Hawaii enrolled in undergraduate or graduate courses full-time.
- Hawaii Education Association Scholarships. These scholarships are available to members of the Hawaii Education Association (HEA).
- Hawaii Rotary Youth Foundation Scholarship. The Hawaii Rotary Youth Foundation Scholarship is for students who are applying as full-time students at an accredited college for a four-year baccalaureate degree.
Other Financing Options
In some cases, scholarships may not sufficiently cover all of your educational expenses; in this situation, you may want to seriously consider borrowing a private student loan. Simply use the free student loan comparison tool on our website to find out more about all of the available options.
Scholarships by State
- Delaware Scholarship
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Tennessee Hope Scholarship
- Tennessee Lottery Scholarship
- West Virginia