Scholarships in Michigan
Scholarships in Michigan: Aiding Brilliance!
While Michigan is known around the world for its calm lakes and astonishing natural beauty, the state is also one of the most generous when it comes to student aid. The Great Lakes State offers numerous scholarships and grants to students at all levels and in addition to the government, a number of private organizations and foundations also contribute to this effort.
Higher education is not cheap, so mix high costs in with a turbulent economy and you are left with thousands of students who are unable to obtain college degrees simply because they cannot afford it. Notably, Michigan Scholarships are awarded based on a number of requirements; an applicant’s academic record, athletic or artistic ability, special talents and skills and financial status. Some scholarships are awarded to students studying certain subjects, or to those who wish to pursue certain careers.
- The Kalamazoo Promise. The Kalamazoo Promise scholarship is funded by an anonymous group of donors and is intended for students from the Kalamazoo area. In order to be eligible, applicants must have attended one of the Kalamazoo public schools for four years and should be long-term residents of the area.
- The Grand Rapids Community Fund. The funding for this program comes from the Grand Rapids Community non-profit organization. This program is mainly aimed at residents of Kent County and offers 60 scholarships based on merit.
- The Guy M. Wilson Scholarship. The American Legion offers this scholarship and is intended for students attending an accredited college or university in the state of Michigan.
Alternative Financing Options
Due to the sheer number of applicants, there is no guarantee that you will obtain a scholarship and even if you do, the amount of the award may not cover all of your educational expenses. With this in mind, you may want to consider borrowing a private student loan. Simply use the student loan comparison tool on our website to learn about all of the available options and to select the one that best suits your needs.
Scholarships by State
- Delaware Scholarship
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Tennessee Hope Scholarship
- Tennessee Lottery Scholarship
- West Virginia