Scholarships in South Dakota
Scholarships in South Dakota are administered by various private organizations and state offices. Many colleges and universities also offer their students scholarships in order to promote educational opportunities to students who may not be able to afford them otherwise. A major advantage of scholarships is that the money does not need to be repaid, which is not the case when it comes to loans.
Other than colleges that offer scholarships, the South Dakota Community foundation also administers many scholarships, including scholarships disbursed by the following funds, among many others:
- AIA South Dakota Scholarship Fund
- John Around Him Scholarship Fund
- David & Wally Baas Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Bennett County High School Scholarship Fund
- Charles Bingham Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Audrey Brevik Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Clark High School Class of 1953 Scholarship Fund
- Class of 1988 Memorial Scholarship Fund-Sully Buttes
Hagen Harvey Scholarship. This scholarship is awarded to up to seven students who are members of American-Indian tribes and who are in enrolled in a four-year post secondary degree program in an accredited college in Nevada. Applicants should be graduates of an accredited South Dakota high school who have earned their high school degree within the last five years.
If you do not qualify for these scholarships then you can always apply for private student loans. There are plenty of lenders out there that offer loans with varying terms and conditions. You can use the Comparison Tool on our website to find out a loan options that suits you the best.
Scholarships by State
- Delaware Scholarship
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- Tennessee Hope Scholarship
- Tennessee Lottery Scholarship
- West Virginia