SmarterBucks®, our sister-brand, asked 1,400 students and graduates what they were going to do first after paying off their student loans. Some said they would cry tears of joy, do a happy dance, or start a business. One person even said they wanted to ride a llama into the sunset. Check out this infographic to see more ways students and graduates like you would celebrate their debt-free future. Then share what you’re going to do after paying off your student loans for a chance to have your response illustrated! Share on Facebook or Twitter and use #CrushStudentDebt:
When I crush my student debt, I will ____. #CrushStudentDebt
When I #CrushStudentDebt, I will ____. @SmarterBucks
Want to know more about SmarterBucks?
With SmarterBucks you can earn rewards by taking surveys, shopping with your favorite brands, and inviting family and friends to get in on the action — then use those rewards to make extra student loan payments! Not a SmarterBucks member yet? Sign up for free!
Congratulations to the winners of SimpleTuition and BookRenter’s “What’s Your Story?” contest! We had so much fun giving stuff away that we wanted to do it again. So once we reach 5,000 fans, we’ll give one of them an iPad.
Today is the last day of SimpleTuition and BookRenter’s “What’s Your Story” Facebook contest. Applicants shared stories of challenges that they overcame in order to attend college and the voting began on July 15. While some battled illness, others juggled full-time jobs and parenting with demanding class loads.
Visit SimpleTuition’s Facebook page to vote for your favorite entry. Winners receive:
- One grand prize winner will receive an iPad 2, a Chrome backpack, noise canceling headphones and a $500 BookRenter textbook scholarship ($1,500 value).
- The top three applicants will win a $100 BookRenter textbook scholarship and a Chrome backpack ($200 value).
- The six runners up will receive a $50 BookRenter textbook scholarship and a Chrome backpack ($100 value).
June 30 is national Social Media Day. In celebration of the technological holiday, we thought we’d help you keep some dough in your wallet. More money in your account, means less that you have to spend on student loans. Here are four ways that social media can save you cash:
1. Facebook contests: Many businesses use giveaways to promote their Facebook pages. Prizes range from gift cards to vacations. SimpleTuition and BookRenter.com are hosting their own contest right now, with a grand prize of an iPad 2, a Chrome backpack, noise canceling headphones and a $500 textbook scholarship.
2. Save anywhere with foursquare: Sign into foursquare on your smartphone to snag deals near campus. Hit the “specials” section in the explore tab to find discounts in your area. A growing number of restaurants, coffee shops and retailers offer price cuts or free gifts to foursquare users. Plus, the app is free to use and download.
3. Thrifty Tweets: A whole list of Twitter accounts tweet deals and freebies. Check out @ILoveFreeThings and @FreeStuffRocks for multiple daily tweets on free food, clothing and movie rentals. When you get tired of eating at the campus cafeteria, @CouponsRack posts a variety of discounts, especially food-related ones.
4. Frugal Facebook pages: Use social media to save cash on textbooks next semester. Visit Chegg’s Hot Deals app to sort through low-priced textbooks. BookRenter’s Facebook page features an app that allows students to earn some extra cash by selling old textbooks.
Have you own social media spots to save? Share them in the comments section below:
What have you sacrificed to attend college? Visit our Facebook page and share your college story to enter to win!
One grand prize winner will receive an iPad 2, a Chrome backpack, noise canceling headphones and a $500 BookRenter textbook scholarship ($1,500 value).
The top three applicants will win a $100 BookRenter textbook scholarship and a Chrome backpack ($200 value).
The six runners up will receive a $50 BookRenter textbook scholarship and a Chrome backpack ($100 value).