Winter break is here, or almost here, the holidays are upon us, and the start of a new year is right around the corner. So much to celebrate! But remember: if you don’t have all the money you need for next semester’s tuition bill, now’s the perfect time to find it. Here’s how:
1. Compare your private student loan options. We’ve said it before and we’ll say it a million times. Lending rates and benefits change, so comparing your loan options every semester could save you thousands. It’s easy, it’s fast, and it’s free.
2. Keep searching for scholarships. They’re available year-round. Now that you don’t have class to worry about, start worrying about your wallet and how to fill it with free money. Hit up your school’s financial aid office and our Scholarship Center.
3. Find seasonal work. Take advantage of the festive spirit by earning a little festive cash. Retail outlets hire tons of temporary workers for the holidays. Likewise, ice-skating rinks, ski resorts, and restaurants may pick up extra folks for the holiday season.
4. Apply for part-time jobs on campus. There’s usually job turnover at the end of each semester, so get your applications in before next semester starts. Try the library, the cafeteria, and even department offices, which may need assistants.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for a free SmarterBucks account (if you haven’t already!)
- Shop with your favorite brands in the SmarterBucks Marketplace, which can be easily accessed from your SmarterBucks dashboard
- Earn rewards on every purchase, then watch as those rewards automatically become extra student loan payments toward any student loan!
Plus, from now until the end of the year, we’re offering DOUBLE rewards on all SmarterBucks Marketplace purchases!
The bottom line: whether you’re shopping for a foodie, a sports fanatic, a fashionista, a luxury-lover, a traveler, or you just need a gift basket for an upcoming party, we guarantee that you’ll find what you’re looking for. And if you have to spend money anyway, shouldn’t you get rewarded for it? Check out a few of the brands you can find in our marketplace and the rewards you could be earning, then sign up to get started!
If you haven’t signed up for SmarterBucks yet, you should. It’s a revolutionary rewards program that helps you earn extra student loan payments that automatically pay down any student loan. Plus signing up is free. That’s right, gratis. Complimentary. On the house. Earn rewards this holiday season by:
- Getting a head start on your holiday shopping in the SmarterBucks Marketplace. Our marketplace is full of brands you already shop with — Target, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Banana Republic, Zappos, and way more. The only difference is now you can score up to 10% back in rewards. Plus, from now until the end of the year, we’re offering DOUBLE rewards when you shop through the marketplace!
- Taking surveys. Share your opinions with the world’s coolest brands and earn rewards that pay down your student loans. It’s a free way to pay down your debt.
- Winning our giveaways. Once a month, every month, we give away up to $2,500 in SmarterBucks to one lucky member. The best part? You’re always entered to win!
- Inviting family and friends to get in on the action. Our SmarterBucks Gifter accounts allow your family and friends to sign up for SmarterBucks and earn rewards on your behalf. Every month they earn rewards, we give them to you — automatically!
- Getting involved with our community. Check out our blog, where SmarterBucks members like you share tips on how to get debt-free faster and for less.
SmarterBucks®, our sister-brand, asked 1,400 students and graduates what they were going to do first after paying off their student loans. Some said they would cry tears of joy, do a happy dance, or start a business. One person even said they wanted to ride a llama into the sunset. Check out this infographic to see more ways students and graduates like you would celebrate their debt-free future. Then share what you’re going to do after paying off your student loans for a chance to have your response illustrated! Share on Facebook or Twitter and use #CrushStudentDebt:
When I crush my student debt, I will ____. #CrushStudentDebt
When I #CrushStudentDebt, I will ____. @SmarterBucks
Want to know more about SmarterBucks?
With SmarterBucks you can earn rewards by taking surveys, shopping with your favorite brands, and inviting family and friends to get in on the action — then use those rewards to make extra student loan payments! Not a SmarterBucks member yet? Sign up for free!
- If you haven’t already, compare your private student loan options. Knowing where your money is coming from before you need it is one of the wisest financial decisions you can make. Plus we help you compare private student loan options by lender, interest rate, total cost, and more. The best part? We do it for free!
- Buy or rent textbooks for up to 90% off list price. Why pay expensive bookstore prices when you can shop from our sister-company, ValoreBooks? There you can find the books you need for prices you can actually afford. Plus, for every book you buy or rent using ValoreBooks (from now until September 30, 2013), you get an entry into our Vegas Weekend Giveaway!
- Sell your old books from last year. If you’ve got any used textbooks from last year, score some extra cash by selling them using ValoreBooks. Our Highest Buyback Price Guarantee means we’ll pay more than anyone else out there. Plus price quotes are instant, shipping is free, and you get paid fast.
- Create a budget. It’s important to know how much money you have, how much money you can expect to earn, and how much you plan on spending this semester. Why? Simply put: you don’t want to run out of money.