Here’s how it works:
- Sign up for a free SmarterBucks account (if you haven’t already!)
- Shop with your favorite brands in the SmarterBucks Marketplace, which can be easily accessed from your SmarterBucks dashboard
- Earn rewards on every purchase, then watch as those rewards automatically become extra student loan payments toward any student loan!
Plus, from now until the end of the year, we’re offering DOUBLE rewards on all SmarterBucks Marketplace purchases!
The bottom line: whether you’re shopping for a foodie, a sports fanatic, a fashionista, a luxury-lover, a traveler, or you just need a gift basket for an upcoming party, we guarantee that you’ll find what you’re looking for. And if you have to spend money anyway, shouldn’t you get rewarded for it? Check out a few of the brands you can find in our marketplace and the rewards you could be earning, then sign up to get started!
SmarterBucks®, our sister-brand, asked 1,400 students and graduates what they were going to do first after paying off their student loans. Some said they would cry tears of joy, do a happy dance, or start a business. One person even said they wanted to ride a llama into the sunset. Check out this infographic to see more ways students and graduates like you would celebrate their debt-free future. Then share what you’re going to do after paying off your student loans for a chance to have your response illustrated! Share on Facebook or Twitter and use #CrushStudentDebt:
When I crush my student debt, I will ____. #CrushStudentDebt
When I #CrushStudentDebt, I will ____. @SmarterBucks
Want to know more about SmarterBucks?
With SmarterBucks you can earn rewards by taking surveys, shopping with your favorite brands, and inviting family and friends to get in on the action — then use those rewards to make extra student loan payments! Not a SmarterBucks member yet? Sign up for free!
Our sister-brand, SmarterBucks®, a revolutionary rewards program that helps you get debt-free faster and for less, is challenging some of its members to tell their student debt story. Check out how these members are going above and beyond the call of duty to get debt-free even faster:
- Crystal Learns to Negotiate. Learn how one SmarterBucks member negotiated with her TV servicer to save $20 a month, which she now puts toward her student loans.
- Jen’s Student Loan Repayment Fund. Small change adds up. That’s the lesson Jen learned when she started selling used books and clothes for extra money. Can you de-clutter your life and score some extra student loan payments?
- Sarah’s Challenge Starts. Join Sarah as she sets out to save money over the next four months-not to pay off her own student debt, but to help her husband pay off a whopping six figures.
SmarterBucks helps you pay down your student loans faster and for less.
SmarterBucks is a revolutionary rewards program that helps you pay down your student loans faster and for less — even if you haven’t entered repayment yet! Earn rewards that automatically become extra student loan payments. Sign up for free.
Benjamin Franklin once said nothing is certain but death and taxes. We’d like to amend that list by adding a modern certainty: college costs will always go up. But that doesn’t mean getting an education results in going broke. Stay smart, spend less, and start budgeting. Here’s how:
If this year’s tuition bill is bigger than last year’s, then you’re a victim of the increasing cost of college. Here are five ways to battle back and keep it cheap:
- Compare your private student loans. Finding the perfect student loan for you, with the lowest interest rate possible, can save you literally thousands of dollars over the course of your education. The best part? When you compare your student loans with SimpleTuition, it’s fast, easy, and free.
- Cut other college costs. Do you really need your own internet connection or can you go to the library? Also: cook your own food, reevaluate your meal plan, and use ValoreBooks, our textbook marketplace, to save up to $500 a year on textbooks.
- Find someone else to pay for your education. There’s only one relevant word here: scholarships. Check out our Scholarship Center to find ones you qualify for. Start applying and never stop. That means you can (and should!) apply for scholarships during all four years of college. There are even scholarships available for graduate students.
- Finish college early. The less time you’re in school, the less your degree is going to cost you. Here are some ideas on how you can graduate early.
- Start paying your loans back before you have to. Because of accruing interest, every dollar you pay back now is worth more than a dollar in long-term debt reduction. The earlier you pay, the more that dollar is worth. Sign up for SmarterBucks® and you can earn those extra student loan payments by taking surveys, doing the shopping you already do, or by inviting family and friends to get in on the action.