Preparing For Your Tuition Bill
Getting ready to take on your tuition bill doesn’t have to be hard; if you follow these simple outline steps, it won’t be. These are key steps to take when you’re planning how to cover the cost of attendance.
- Planning - gather all paperwork from your school – ie: financial aid award letter – and figure out exactly how much you’ll be paying.
- Note – though not included in this bill, you’ll want to consider things such as books, food, travel, etc. when planning your actual cost of attending school.
- Map out where each dollar will come from - How much will you pay? How much will your parents pay? How much will come from savings, job, scholarship, loans?
- Determine how much money will need to be borrowed - How much will you need to borrow? How much will your parents borrow? Which sources will you seek to borrow from- federal, private, both?
- Act as soon as you get the bill from your school - Don’t waste time. It can take longer than you might expect to obtain funding, so get started right away.
Saving for College